Adult ADD/ADHD, Binge Eating and Impulse Control Disorders (gambling, sex addiction, overspending, risky behavior)
Dr. Johnson provides fee-for-service treatment and treats only the following conditions:
- Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (Adult ADD and ADHD)
- Adult ADD can be devastating to a professional career, leading to self-doubt about the ability to focus and achieve at your maximum potential. Despite Adult ADD being a highly treatable genetic condition, sufferers commonly worry that they are inherently lazy or flawed. Fortunately, Adult ADD and ADHD patients don’t have to be defined by these insecurities. Adult ADD is extremely responsive to first-line medications such as Mydayis, Adderall, Vyvanse, and Concerta. Referrals to top therapists for Adult ADD and ADHD Coaching therapy are also available. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your Adult ADD or ADHD concerns – (415) 926-7774.
- Binge Eating Disorder/Overeating
- Vyvanse has recently been FDA approved for the treatment of Binge Eating Disorder in appropriate patients. Binge Eating Disorder can lead to feelings of shame when you experience a loss of control over your eating. However, binge eating can be treated with therapy and medication. Dr. Johnson works closely with top San Francisco eating disorder therapists (and your PCP, as needed) to ensure the best treatment outcome. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your binge eating concerns – (415) 926-7774.
- Impulse Control Disorders (Spending/Sex Addiction/Infidelity Issues/Gambling)
- Dr. Johnson received training while at Harvard/Mass General under noted Sexual Disorders/Hypersexuality Disorder psychiatrist and researcher, Marty Kafka. Additionally, Dr. Johnson has published two peer-reviewed academic articles regarding Sexual Disorders (see About page for current CV). In many cases, treatments are available for those suffering from extreme impulsivity, gambling, relationship infidelity and/or hypersexual behavior. Consultations with patients are discreet and entirely confidential. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your concerns – (415) 926-7774.
San Francisco Psychiatry provides fee-for-service care, and therefore does not accept insurance. However, I can provide patients with appropriate documentation for them to submit for partial reimbursement from their insurance carriers, usually ranging from a 50-80% reimbursement (less any deductible). Contact your insurance carrier for specifics.
Contact San Francisco Psychiatry for a free consultation at (415) 926-7774 or by email at office@SanFranciscoPsych.com.