Psychiatric Patient Care for the San Francisco Area
Dr. Johnson provides fee-for-service treatment in all areas of psychiatric care, but specializes in the following:
- Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adult ADD can be devastating to a corporate or university career, leading to self-doubt about the ability to focus and achieve at your maximum potential. Despite Adult ADD being a highly treatable genetic condition, sufferers commonly worry that they are inherently lazy or procrastinate too much. Fortunately, Adult ADD patients don’t have to be defined by these insecurities. Adult ADD is extremely responsive to first-line medications such as Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta and Ritalin, as well as non-stimulants such as Strattera. Adult ADD Coaching therapy is also available for those who would prefer to avoid medication. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your concerns – (415) 926-7774.
- Binge-eating Disorder/Overeating
- Vyvanse has recently been FDA approved for the treatment of Binge Eating Disorder in appropriate patients. This under-diagnosed condition can lead to feelings of shame when you experience a loss of control over your eating. However, binge eating can be treated with both Binge Eating Therapy and/or medications. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your concerns – (415) 926-7774.
- Hypersexual Disorder/Sex Addiction/Infidelity Issues
- Dr. Johnson received training while at Harvard/Mass General under noted Sexual Disorders/Hypersexuality Disorder psychiatrist and researcher, Marty Kafka. Additionally, Dr. Johnson has published two peer-reviewed academic articles regarding Sexual Disorders (see About page for current CV). In many cases, treatments are available for those suffering from extreme impulsivity, relationship infidelity and/or hypersexual behavior. Consultations with patients are discreet and entirely confidential. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your concerns – (415) 926-7774.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Patients suffering from episodes of significant mood swings, racing thoughts and impulsivity often find these symptoms have a negative impact on their personal and professional lives. Commonly, loved ones bear the brunt of the mood swings and emotional instability. If you are experiencing symptoms of Bipolar Disorder, know that medication is available to stabilize and manage these symptoms. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your concerns – (415) 926-7774.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Anxiety can be debilitating and career-stalling if not controlled. Medications are available to manage anxiety in appropriate patients, allowing them to return to normal, productive lives with reduced impairment. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your concerns – (415) 926-7774.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Insomnia can be highly debilitating, affecting both your career and your relationships with those you love. Fortunately, new sleep medications are available that can help you retake control of your sleep habits, when used in conjunction with sound sleep hygiene strategies. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Johnson regarding your concerns – (415) 926-7774.
San Francisco Psychiatry provides fee-for-service care, and therefore does not accept insurance. However, we can provide patients with appropriate documentation for them to submit for partial reimbursement from their insurance carriers, sometimes ranging from a 50-80% reimbursement. Contact your insurance carrier for specifics.
Contact San Francisco Psychiatry for a free consultation at (415) 926-7774 or by email at office@SanFranciscoPsych.com.